If you experience battery drainage issue that caused by the Google Play Services on your Android smartphone, In this article, we will show you how to stop Google play services on Android smartphone to save battery.
Google play service is a system installed the application that allows you to manage your Google account on your Android smartphone.
As you know, the Google Play services is a preinstalled app and uninstall in not possible. Because Android does not work without the Google Play Services but don’t worry about it. Because in this post we have mentioned how to stop Google play service, that you won’t use for a long time on your Android smartphone. It also helps you to save your smartphone’s battery consumption.
First of all, check the what application on your smartphone consumes more battery life. Android comes with battery uses features that allow you to check what application or system services consume the most battery. To check battery usage, open Settings on your Android smartphone then scroll down and select battery option. Here you can view all data of battery consumptions.
In the Battery section, you can see the percentage of battery power that used by the services and apps like the Camera, Music, App, Screen Backlight and other application that installed on your smartphone. You will find the Screen(display) at the top of the list as the most battery power consumptions thing on the phone. Once you have identified the application that consuming the more battery power, then, you can disable them when not in use. Also, you can uninstall them if you really want to remove from your Android device. Check below video on how you can uninstall android apps from your smartphone.
You can save the small amount of battery power by reducing the brightness of the screen on your Android device.
You can also use the “Adaptive brightness” features on your device to automatically adjust your screen’s light to the light around you. You can also adjust the level of brightness while the Adaptive brightness features of turned “On.”
Disable Auto-data Syncing
Auto Data Syncing is a sync process on your Android device that syncs your all user data like Contact, Appdata, Gmail, Preferences, and other Google app. Once you stop data automatically syncing feature on your Android smartphone, you can save not more. It will save your battery power up to 30%. It is nothing more but, it can help you to save your most battery life.
Now follow these simple steps to Turn Off Auto Sync data features on your Android smartphone to save most battery life.
For Android Lollipop v5.0, Marshmellow v6.0 and Nougat v7.0
If you have Android device that runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop or the later version of the Operating system. Follow these steps to turn off auto sync data.
- Open “Settings” on your Android smartphone
- Scroll down and select “Accounts” option
- Tap on Menu icon, on the top right side of the screen
- Now, uncheck the “Auto-sync data” option
If you have Android v4.4 or below operating system smartphone, then you can fix battery draining problem on your Android device. Follow these simple steps:
- Tap on “Settings” icon from the app drawer
- Select “Wireless & networks” option
- Now choose “Data Usage” option from the list
- Tap on Menu icon on the top right side of the screen
- Then, uncheck Auto-sync data option
Reinstall Google Play Services
If you have installed the older version of Google Play services on your Android smartphone, then you have to update that application to get the updated version of Google Play Services. To update or Reinstall updated version on your Android device, follow these steps:
First of all, you have to uninstall the updated version of Google Play service from your phone
- Open “Settings” of your phone
- Scroll down and choose Apps (Application manager)
- Swipe to All section, and find “Google Play Services” app
- Open it, then Tap on “Uninstall updates” button
- Now click on “Install” button then click on Sign in button
- Here, you have to enter your same Gmail Address and passcode that you have used in the smartphone.
- Now choose your device and click on “Install” button
Once the latest version of Google Play Services installed on your Android device, Restart your phone.
Set the GPS to “Battery Saving” mode
GPS configure your location and sends a request to Google Play Services. GPS hardware uses the most battery power more than you think. Then follow these steps to set the GPS to power saving mode.
- Open “Settings” on your Android smartphone
- Scroll down and choose “Location” and open it
- Now tap on Mode option to change the mode to “Battery saving.”
- Tap on “Battery saving” option
After this, If you want to save more battery life then “Turn Off” the location service of your phone when not in use. This may save your battery life up to 9%.
Disable Google Now or Google App
You can save your most battery power on your Android smartphone by disabling the Google Now or Google App. Google Now feature will automatically disable when you disabled the “Google App” on your Android smartphone.
To disable Google App (Google Now) follow these simple steps:
- Open “Settings” on your android device
- Scroll down and choose Apps (Application manager) the Swipe to “All.”
- Now find the Google App then open it
- Here, you have to tap on “Disable” button( If you don’t want to use)
Don’t worry; you can also enable it when you want to use by repeating this process.
Do let us know how do you use your smartphone, so as it consume less battery power.