This is really problematic whenever you are trying to print some useful document on your Printer. But your printer says “printer is offline” message. You will see printer will not print anything and you have no idea why you are not getting any prints out from your printer. Check out this useful article about how to get printer online back from offline status.
There is a number of reason your printer can go offline. In many cases, there might be a connectivity issue while sometimes powered down the printer. In most of the cases, you can get the printer back online by just following a few steps from your windows. But even if you are not able to get back your printer online status, there are few more troubleshooting steps you can use to get your printer online.
How To Get Printer Online.
Step 1: Try restarting your printer. Allow your printer at least 2-3 minutes to finish booting.
Step 2: Make sure your printer is plugged in your computer if it is connected to the local network.
Step 3: Open Manage printer option from your computer and make sure your account has the right to manage printer. If you are using a guest account that has not privileged of printing, you need to get administrative rights on the computer.
Step 4: Go to Start > Devices & printers
Step 5: Right-click on the printer & choose “See What’s Printing” to display the print spooler window.
Step 6: Select “Printer” & select “Use Printer Offline” to remove the checkmark. You will notice that the printer should come online status by following this step. The printer should come online at this time.
Download Latest Driver for your Printer
- Close print spooler window & go to Devices and Printers screen again.
- From your computer, download the latest printer driver from your printer’s manufacturer’s website.
- Install the latest printer driver on your computer and follow the above steps again to bring the printer online.
See also: How to make money through blogging
Use Windows Troubleshooter to Bring Printer Online
At this stage, if you see your printer came back then you have done. If you think still your printer is not able to come back online, follow further steps mentioned below.
- Click on Start > Control Panel.
- Type “troubleshooter” (without quotation marks) in the Search box at the top right corner of your window. Click on “Troubleshooting” link when it appears in the main window.
- Now you have to select “Use a Printer” option from Hardware and Sound.
- You have to follow the onscreen guide provided there. This troubleshooter will try to fix the issue automatically from your computer. If it can not fix that, it will show you advanced troubleshooting guide addressing your problem.
Do follow those steps and let us know if this troubleshooting guide has fixed your offline printer issue. Here in this article we have shared recommended about How To Get Printer Online from offline status. Do let us know if you know any extra tips on How To Get Printer Online. We would love to add your tips in this article.