This is really problematic whenever you are trying to print some useful document on your Printer. But your printer says “printer is offline” message. You will see printer will not print anything and you have no idea why you are not getting any prints out from your printer. Check out this useful article about how to get printer online back from offline status.
There is a number of a reason your printer can go offline. In many cases, there might be a connectivity issue while sometimes powered down the printer. In most of the cases, you can get the printer back online by just following few steps from your windows. But even if you are not able to get back your printer online status, there are few more troubleshooting steps you can use to get your printer online.
How To Get Printer Online
Download Latest Driver for your Printer
- Close print spooler window & go to Devices and Printers screen again.
- From your computer, download latest printer driver from your printer’s manufacturer’s website.
- Install latest printer driver on your computer and follow above steps again to bring printer online.
Use Windows Troubleshooter to Bring Printer Online
At this stage, if you see your printer came back then you have done. If you think still your printer is not able to come back online, follow further steps mentioned below.
- Click on Start > Control Panel.
- Type “troubleshooter” (without quotation marks) in the Search box at the top right corner of your window. Click on “Troubleshooting” link when it appears in the main window.
- Now you have to select “Use a Printer” option from Hardware and Sound.
- You have to follow the onscreen guide provided there. This troubleshooter will try to fix the issue automatically from your computer. If it can not fix that, it will show you advanced troubleshooting guide addressing your problem.
Do follow those steps and let us know if this troubleshooting guide has fixed your offline printer issue. Here in this article we have shared recommended about How To Get Printer Online from offline status. Do let us know if you know any extra tips on How To Get Printer Online. We would love to add your tips in this article.