If you are new to windows 10 or 8.1 operating system, then I’m sure you will be searching for the similar options such as XP or Windows vista to create printing device online from offline status. Usually photo printers go offline due to internet or USB wire connection issue. Most of times the printer automatically comes back to online, you need not to Turn Printer from Offline to Online. But you want to do it personally so we will show you how to set printer offline to online on Windows 8.1 or windows 10 operating system.
Method 1 : Set PC Device to Private Network
- Go to “Control Panel” on your PC computer, you also search for Control Panel in Windows 8.1 or 10 searching bar. Shortcut keys – Press Key combination (Windows + I) for Control panel
- Now you have to select “Network and Internet” option and open it
- Select the “Network and Sharing Center” option from the network and internet option
- In the “Network discovery” option you have to select “Turn on network discovery” option then enable the “Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices” option.
- Next, in the File and printer sharing option, you have to select “Turn on file and printer sharing” option then
- Now Press the “Save changes” button to confirm this process
Method 2 : Set the printer online mode
- Got to “Control Panel” on your PC computer, you also search for Control Panel in Windows 8.1 or 10 searching bar. Shortcut keys – Press Key combination (Windows + I) for Control panel
- In the Control panel, Select “Hardware and Sound” option then choose “Devices and Printers” option
- Select and Right click on the “HP Printer” Icon, Now you have to choose “See What’s Printing” option from popup window
- After pressing on “See What’s Printing” option , you can see the nes popup window on the screen
- In the popup window, select the “Printer” option and press it
- Now, uncheck the “Use Printer Offline” option then close the all opened windows and try to connect with printer.
Here we have listed a method which will help you on How to Put Printer Online again if it frequently goes in offline and online mode.