Recently there was folk and Reddit users discovered around 7 million Dropbox account compromised, to prevent such things in future, you can enable Dropbox Two Step Verification for better security of your Dropbox account.Dropbox 2 Step Authentication is an optional step to do but it is hightly recommended security feature by dropbox that would adds an extra layer of protection to your Dropbox account. Once you activate Dropbox 2 Step Verification, whenever you are trying to login to your Dropbox account, it will ask for six-digit security code in addition to your password. This means even someone knows your Dropbox account password, he/she would not able to access your Dropbox account without six digit security code.
How to Enable Dropbox 2 Step Verification
- Sign in to the Dropbox website.
- From upper side, you will see your name of any page to open your account menu.
- Click Settings from the account menu and select the Security tab, or click here for a shortcut. We have to select security option tab from there you will see two step verification is enabled or disabled. if you have not already enabled it, you can enable two step authentication for dropbox from there. If you want to disable two step verification on Dropbox, you can also do it from that option.
When you click on Enable option to activate 2 step verification on Dropbox,you will see following message. Click on get started to proceed further.
Two-step verification adds an extra layer of protection to your account. Whenever you sign in to the Dropbox website or link a new device, you’ll need to enter both your password and also a security code sent to your mobile phone.
If you are enabling it for the first time, you will be asked to enter your Dropbox password for security. Enter your Dropbox password and there are two option by which you can add extra layer of security on your Dropbox account.Now you have two option by which you can enable two-step verification.
- Use Text Messages – They will confirm through security code to your mobile number
- Use a Mobile App – You can generate security code through authenticator app similar to Google Authenticator Dropbox
If you are selecting first option, you will be asked to enter your mobile number in which you will receive security code. If you select second option, it will ask to download an app to your smartphone that will generate security code instantly for you. For me, first step was not worked,I tried useing mobile app to generate security codes thorugh Dropbox Authenticator App and it worked. I got success message about activation of two step on Dropbox was worked successfully.
Try the steps as mentioned in the steps, if you are facing any difficulties, feel free to share your experience in the comment section below.
See more Dropbox Tutorials
- How to Recover Deleted Files From Dropbox
- How to Let Others Upload Files to your Dropbox
- Dropbox – Free File Hosting with Direct Download Link
- Download Any Files From Internet To Your Dropbox – Download to Dropbox
- Source : How do I enable two-step verification on my account?