Many times, you may have been confused while adding domain on your hosting account. If you want to register new domain on your Bluehost account, you will need to first add addon domain from domain option of your Bluehost cPanel and then assign that domain to work it. In this WordPress tutorial provided here, you will learn How you can add addon domain to Bluehost Web Hosting:
Very first login to your cPanel of your Bluehost cPanel >Domain>Under Shortcuts click the link “Assign a domain to your Control Panel account”
After choosing Addon domain option,you will be redirected to a page,where you have to add your domain name.It is four step easy procedure.
In very first step, you need to add a domain that is associated/not associated with your bluehost account.After that, it will verify the domain name you entered there & go for step 2.
Verify Domain Ownership
In next step, you have to verify the added domain name ownership.To verify domain ownership from Bluehost account, You can verify your domain ownership using three method.
- Changing Name Server – You can manually update your Name Servers to ns1.BlueHost.com and ns2.BlueHost.com from your domain name registrar
- By Creating HTML Page – You can also create an HTML page on your existing host containing the text provided.
- Using EPP Code – This is generally used to transfer domain name from one register to another but by using this, it will not transfer your domain name. EPP code will be used only to verify ownership.
Choosing Addon domain or Parked Domain
Next step is choose addons or parked domain for your domain.If you just have bought brand new domain name choose addon domain from there and go ahead further.Now next step is choose the addon directory and sub-domain.
If you are hosting multiple domains on your account, it is recommended that you choose your domain name as folder or better name that you can easily identify from your file manager. Next click on add domain to add your domain on bluehost hosting account.You have done!!
More Bluehost Resource :
- WordPress Hosting – Bluehost Coupon 3.95 Offer
- How to Setup Email Forwarding From Bluehost Email Account
- How to Create or Delete Subdomain On Bluehost
- Hostgator Sucks? – Go For Best Alternative Bluehost
- Assigning an Addon or Parked domain