You probably already know this, but the internet is the fastest and easiest way to discover all kind of information and multimedia content. Still, if your download speed is limited, you cannot take maximum advantage of the all that this WWW can offer.
A very good computer will help you a lot, but there are many ways in which you can optimize your download speed, without the need to upgrade components.
Here are a few tricks:
1. Contact your provider on your internet connection options. The basic speed of the connection is the most important key for fast downloading. If you still have a dial up Internet, maybe you should consider the possibility upgrading to a DSL or a direct cable connection.
2. Understand the concept of a fast connection. The speed of the connection is determined by the quantity of data that can be transferred in a second, mostly kilobits per second or megabits per second. Most dial up connections have 56Kbps, while a direct cable connection can even top 20Mbps. The internet provider can tell you what your connection speed is.
Though in many areas faster does not mean better, regarding Internet, the speed of the connection is the most important thing when you choose an internet provider. After you select your internet provider, you can find out the actual speed of the internet connection on a specialized website for this kind of thing. They are easy to find. Just select your location on the map and you will know everything you need about your connection. After the “diagnosis”, these sites usually have an optimizer that will guide you on making the connection better.
3. Close the programs you are not using when performing a download. This way, most of the computer resources are concentrated on the data transfer. If possible, during downloading, try to stop doing any operation if possible.
4. Prioritize your downloads and try to get only the files you really need first and start the others later. Any download you add will slow the speed of the ones that were already running. Try to download in different periods of the day. The speed of the download is also slowed when many people try to get the same file simultaneously. If you see a download running on low speed, try to perform it during a different period of the day, when maybe there are less people downloading it.
5. Install a Download Accelerator software that can better optimize your computer’s ability to download. Besides helping you administrate the process itself, it will increase the speed of your downloads. When you start a download, the software saves the file in a way that you can resume the process later.
6. You can also think about a modem booster software, also easy to find on the Internet that, with other tools, can make significant tweaks to optimize not only the connection, but also the Windows.
If you take into consideration as many notes from above as possible, your Internet connection will definitely run faster.If you are using any program or trick to improve your internet speed, feel free to share it with us by commenting in the comment section below.