Advantages of Google Authorship Program
You may or may not have heard about the Google Authorship program. It’s basically a way of having your picture associated to your website within the organic search within Google.
Using the Google Authorship program, this person has been able to include an image of themselves when which appears whenever a page which they authored appears in the search.
There are so many advantages to using this tactic which includes:
– Increased site authority from visitors and search engines.
– A nice boost in rankings.
– It helps you to stand out from other page in the search results.
– Because you stand out from your competitors, you’ll receive more traffic and increase your clickthrough rate (CTR) from the search engine results.
What you need to firstly do is:
1. Create a Google Account and sign up to Google+ (Google’s social network).
2. Fill in all the required personal information and upload a picture.
3. Within the profile, there will be a section which you can edit called “Contributor to”. This is where you insert your website’s URL.
4. Once you’ve installed the above plugin I mentioned, search your websites WP Admin area for “Google Authorship For Multiple Authors”.
5. Under your profile in WP, you then add your link to your Google+ profile.
6. Then just wait until your site is re-crawled and index the pages with your authorship details. This can take a few weeks so do be patients.
If you use WordPress I definitely recommend you get this. It makes the entire process so simple, helps save time and is free.
There are a few recommendations I should make which are quite important.
1. If you have more than one website I recommend you create one Google account/ Google Plus account for each site.
2. When registering each account use a proxy service so that Google can’t link accounts or sites under one roof. This is just a precautionary measure. I recommend using http://www.myprivateproxy.net/ if you need proxies.
3. For each account use different details and images.
4. Use a real image of a person and not a call to action image such as “Click Here”.
5. Use real names and not site name when signing up for your accounts.
All the above will help to keep your accounts and sites safe so you can take advantage of the authorship program for the long term. As it’s mostly free to test, you have no excuse to not give it a go.
Once you set this, you will start seeing your profile beside Google search results.If you are interested to write a guest post on Ehowportal and wants Google authorship for your posted articles, we are giving it.You can see the screenshot below to check we actually giving Google Authorship credit to the author on Ehowportal.If you are interested, you are requested to check out our guest posting guidelines.