Gmail is considered as a beloved backbone of most of the small businesses for email communications. Gmail seems to be more professional than others are. It is well known as one of the few free email service providers. This will let you configure a POP account for reading and replying to messages in an offline mode, with no internet connection.
Outlook Express is a news and email client which contains different versions of Internet Explorer such as 4.0, 6.0. Here in this post, we will be disscussing about how to Configure Outlook for Gmail. Mostly procedure for Configure Gmail Outlook 2010 or Gmail Configure Outlook 2013 are almost same. There are little difference between options but you can easily do that task using below information.
Follow below mentioned steps to Manually Configure Gmail in Outlook :
- The first step is that you have to click on ‘Tools’ tab available on Internet Explorer. After that, you need to select the ‘Accounts’ tab.
- If you want to configure a new account of ‘Mail’, you have to click on ‘Add’ tab and then select the ‘Mail’ option display on the right side of the window.
- The next thing you have to do is enter the display name in the text field. You can mention anything in this. But you need to take care of the fact that Outlook express will send messages by using this name but when you have to send messages to someone, they will receive your emails, this will utilize this name in ‘From’ text field. After that, click on ‘Next’ tab.
- Next step, you have to type your email address in the text field. You need to ensure that you take account of the extensions of Gmail such as ‘@gmail.com’. Then, click on ‘Next’ tab.
- The next window will open having multiple options for connections that you can generate. If you want ’IMAP’, it generally streams all types of emails that includes archived, saved and even folders but POP only downloads different emails to Outlook. You have to enter ‘imap.gmail.com’ and “smtp.gmail.com” in the field of ‘Incoming Mail’ and ‘Outgoing mail (SMTP) server’ respectively. It will Configure Gmail in Outlook IMAP from Mail Account Settings.
- Now, you will see that there is a window having many options for filling login credentials. In this, you have to enter your username of Gmail also with the extensions ‘@gmail.com’ along with your password. There is not a need to mark the ‘Log on SPA (Secure Password Authentication)’ field. After that, you will see ‘Finish’ page. (See also: How to Change Google Password)
- Once you have clicked the ‘Finish’ tab, you will return back to page of ‘Internet Accounts’ along with the ‘Mail’ tab which is already chosen with the help of your newly created account on Gmail. Next, you have to select ‘Properties’ tab available on the right side.
- Now, proceed with the ‘Servers’ tab. You need to ensure that there is a presence of tick mark on the tab of ‘My server requires authentication’ available beneath ‘Outgoing Mail Server’. If you skip this, you will be unable to access your Gmail account.
- Next, select the ‘Advanced’ tab and you need to tick mark the check boxes for outgoing mail an incoming mail; it will automatically assign port numbers to both of them. If not assigned automatically, you can type 25 and 993 respectively. Then, click ‘OK’ and it will return to tab ‘Internet Accounts’ window and then click ‘Close’.
Related : Download Gmail Contacts